A group of very generous donors has stepped up to issue a $250,000 challenge. Gifts to the campaign of any amount from now until January 31 will be matched dollar for dollar up to $250,000.
Your gifts will help Literacy Network build capacity to double the number of adult learners we serve. Here’s a snapshot of our services this fall:
- More than 730 people are participating in Literacy Network classes
- 252 of those adults are receiving one on one tutoring
- 283 volunteers are serving our adult learners
- The session began with 114 learners on the waiting list
- Individuals may have to wait up to 6 months for a tutor
Imagine no waiting lists. Imagine every adult in Dane County who wants to improve their literacy skills and their lives has the opportunity to do so. Imagine children being read to by their parents at home. Imagine people filling out job applications confidently. Imagine people being able to read prescription labels and stop unnecessary trips to the hospital. It is all possible!
Please make your gift to our Growing Through Literacy campaign today and open the doors of opportunity for hundreds of our Dane County neighbors.
Thank you to The Goodman Foundation, Madison Community Foundation, US Bank, Tom Terry, Bea and Lau Christensen, Findorff, Dave and Terri Beck-Engel, and Fred and Nancy Gants for coming together to issue this challenge and match.